- Start of with image given, reduce the saturation of the image – using Hue and Saturation tool.
- Drop down button allows you to change a specific colours. Use this to remove the red from the image – as the darker the image gets, the colder it gets.
*Be careful not to remove all colours as then it becomes obvious that the image it edited*
- Lower the brightness down, whilst adjusting the contrast layer until you achieve the look of night time.
- Switch off the previous layers, leaving just the original image
- Place new image of the night sky into the document and adjust accordingly to the image.
- Double click the new image, opening up a new window
- The first drop down menu will give you the option to change the blend setting to blue
- Press alt at the same time as adjusting the image in order to replace the day scene with the night scene
*You can also add a matte to the image, by selecting the paint tool, choosing black, and painting over the sections in which you don’t want the night sky to be*
- On a new layer, merge all of the layers into one image
- Effects – lighting effects – use either spot or point light, adjusting the placement of the light in the image
- Adjust the opacity down and try different blend modes within the image until you are happy with the final document.